When: Tuesday, May 15th, 2018
During this webinar, we discussed an overview of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our goal is to prepare US-based companies that have not yet implemented GDPR compliance programs or have not made the decision if GDPR is required for their business. This talk analyzed key points and challenges posed by the regulation, discuss common solutions for achieving compliance, frameworks, legal enforceability and requirements on data sub-processors.
In this webinar we discussed:
- What is GDPR & why is it such a big deal?
- How to gauge if you are required to comply with GDPR?
- Summary of the major challenges for US companies
- Ideas and resolutions to common GDPR challenges
- Certifications, frameworks and attestations to look for
- Preparing for Controller Controls
- Formulation of terms with sub-processors